Adam is an experienced and sought-after advocate and impressive senior counsel with a diverse practice and experience in a range of international jurisdictions. Adam’s expertise in fraud cases has been recognised again by the Legal 500 2018 edition with Adam being recommended as a Leading Junior in Band 4. This adds to his successful entry in the 2017 edition for being “very knowledgeable in the field, and makes a good impression even to the most difficult clients.” Adam has also been recognised by the 2019 edition of Chambers and Partners as a Leading Junior in Band 6 in the crime category.
Adam is regularly instructed in complex civil litigation, professional negligence, fraud and regulatory cases and civil actions against the police. He regularly appears in the High Court and Court of Appeal in both civil and criminal cases.
Adam is well known for his ability to manage complex cases, his creative strategy and his robust approach. He is an experienced negotiator and accredited commercial mediator. Adam has achieved very favourable settlements for clients in a variety of commercial cases.
With a strong background in criminal advocacy he appears in court at all levels in weighty cases and is known as a skilled communicator and tenacious advocate.
Adam has specialist experience in cases involving the disclosure of international evidence and has conducted cases in the US District Court in West Palm Beach, US Court of Appeals 11th Circuit and US Supreme Court as well as Australia, Nigeria, Turkey, Dubai, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium and Germany. He has lectured on extradition and argued a number of international cases in the Divisional Court.
Adam prosecutes and defends in some of the most serious and high profile cases involving serious fraud and financial crime.
He regularly appears as lead counsel and enjoys being hands-on, developing a clear strategic plan for large cases and building and coordinating the team in complex cases.
Adam is noted for his powerful written and oral legal submissions, creative approach and for taking the lead in multi-handed cases. He has a solid reputation for excellent client care, thorough case preparation and fearless advocacy.
Interested in instructing Mr Gersch?
Please call 020 7353 6802 or complete the form below:
- M & Others v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis (2015): A heavily contested, complex action against the police concerning widespread corruption and police connections with a notorious criminal gang. Successfully represented three Police Officers involved.
- Ionising Radiation Appeals: Successfully appealed against the decision of the War Pensions Tribunal to refuse claims on behalf of veterans for war pensions following detonations of nuclear weapons at Christmas Island (led by Anthony Metzer QC).
- C v CCRC: Successfully obtained leave to pursue a JR the Criminal Cases Review Commission for an applicant found guilty of murder in 1973.
- TMT Asia Ltd v BHP Billiton Marketing AG: Acted on behalf of the claimant in complex international commercial litigation respect of claims in excess of US$110 million relating to the settlement of FFA contracts.
- R v B & Ors – Kingston Crown Court: Successful defence in a £2B HMRC diversion fraud.
- R v M & Ors – Southwark Crown Court: Successful defence in a global Amex card fraud.
- R v K & Ors – Southwark Crown Court: Successfully led in international telecoms fraud.
- R v D & Ors – Southwark Crown Court: Successful defence in Millennium Dome corruption case.
- R v V & Ors – Central Criminal Court: Led for UK defence in a worldwide internet piracy case.
- R v R Jnr & Ors – Liverpool Crown Court: Successful defence in kidnap & torture case.
- R v H & Ors – Southark Crown Court: Successfully led for defence in major drugs SOCA case.
- R v L – St Albans Crown Court: Led for defence in Inland Revenue fraud.
- R v K & Ors – Southwark Crown Court: Successfully led for defence in chip and PIN fraud.
- Operation Opaque – Central Criminal Court: Global conspiracy involving cannabis factories, successfully argued for suspended sentence.
- R v GB & Ors – Woolwich Crown Court: Lead counsel for main defendant in a multi-handed fraud trial involving non-payment of VAT.
- R v F & Ors – Central Criminal Court: Successful prosecution of conspiracy to import drugs by corrupt baggage handler.
- R v IK & Ors – Wood Green Crown Court: Acted for lead defendant in substantial conspiracies to steal and handle stolen high value cars.
- Operation Cornwall – Harrow Crown Court: Successfully prosecuted a multi-handed sophisticated conspiracy to burgle safes and steal property from high value residential properties and commercial premises.
- R v S – Manchester Crown Court: Successfully represented defendant in large-scale mortgage fraud involving buy-to-let mortgages.