Chambers is delighted to announce the immigration and public law team’s forthcoming webinar to take place on 27th July 2021 at 3pm.
Senior practitioners Charlotte Bayati, Samina Iqbal and Sarah Pinder will be joined by Dr Juliet Cohen, Head of Doctors at Freedom from Torture. Together, they will discuss key aspects and updates when commissioning, considering and using medico-legal reports (MLRs).
They will also explore:
- Commissioning and using MLRs in Covid times
- The API and how this relates to MLRs
- How we can use the recently disclosed guidance on how to consider MLRs in unlawful detention cases
- MLRs in asylum and other relevant cases touching on the Supreme Court’s judgment in KV v SSHD and other relevant recent cases
- The proposals in New Immigration Plan to instruct joint experts
You can book a place on this webinar by clicking on this link, which takes you to Chambers’ eventbrite page. Do also feel free to ‘follow’ Chambers on eventbrite if you would like to be notified of future events that may interest you.
We are also delighted to fundraise on behalf of Freedom of Torture and would encourage a suggested minimum donation of £5, which you can do once registered with the links provided in your booking e-mail or by clicking on this link here.
Related practice areas: Immigration and Public Law